uBurn is the first and only automated Total Body Surface Area calculator tool for the iPhone! It is designed to help you calculate TBSA burn percentage using a variety of calculation tools.
Why? Because some studies show that in up to one out of every three patients there is a significant discrepancy in calculated burn size. This miscalculation often leads to significant mismanagement in fluid replacement.
uBurn has FIVE burn tools to help you with your burn patients:
- uBurn - The detailed guide to TBSA burn calculation. This program calculates both TBSA and your fluid requirements at the same time. Pick a part, select its percentage, and find out how much fluid to give your patients.
- uBurn 2 - For when you're already confident with your estimation, uBurn 2 is your gateway to fast TBSA & fluid calculation. Just quickly enter the parts burned and the percentage, and the program will do the rest!
- Degrees - Not sure how to classify each burn depth? This quick reference will help you classify your burn and provide some basic treatment information.
- Nines - Just need a quick refresher? Nines is for you. Your quick reference tool has detailed information for the rule of nines and also has a detailed, easy to read Lund-Browder Chart.
- Parkland Calculator - For when you already know your BSA% burned. Use this to quickly calculate the fluid requirements and for your burn patient. It will also adjust your formula if fluid has already been given, or if some time elapsed prior to starting fluids.